- [myosin light-chain] phosphate + H2O [myosin light-chain] + phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on phosphoric monoester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is [myosin-light-chain]-phosphate phosphohydrolase. Other names in common use include myosin light chain kinase phosphatase, myosin phosphatase, myosin phosphatase, protein phosphatase 2A, and myosin-light-chain-phosphatase.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Pato MD, Adelstein RS (1983). "Purification and characterization of a multisubunit phosphatase from turkey gizzard smooth muscle. The effect of calmodulin binding to myosin light chain kinase on dephosphorylation". J. Biol. Chem. 258: 7047–54. PMID 6304072.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 86417-96-1.