(myelin basic protein)-arginine N-methyltransferase
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + [myelin basic protein]-arginine S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + [myelin basic protein]-Nomega-methyl-arginine
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are S-adenosyl methionine and [[[myelin basic protein]-arginine]], whereas its two products are S-adenosylhomocysteine and [[[myelin basic protein]-Nomega-methyl-arginine]].
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:[myelin-basic-protein]-arginine Nomega-methyltransferase. Other names in common use include myelin basic protein methylase I, protein methylase I, S-adenosyl-L-methionine:[myelin-basic-protein]-arginine, and omega-N-methyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Ghosh SK, Paik WK, Kim S (1988). "Purification and molecular identification of two protein methylases I from calf brain. Myelin basic protein- and histone-specific enzyme". J. Biol. Chem. 263: 19024–33. PMID 2461933.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9055-07-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0016277: [myelin basic protein-arginine N-methyltransferase]
- AMIGO entry for GO code 0016277: [myelin basic protein-arginine N-methyltransferase]