- palmitoyl-CoA + [myelin proteolipid] Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons CoA + O-palmitoyl-[myelin proteolipid]
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is palmitoyl-CoA:[myelin-proteolipid] O-palmitoyltransferase. Other names in common use include myelin PLP acyltransferase, acyl-protein synthetase, and myelin-proteolipid O-palmitoyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Bizzozero OA, McGarry JF, Lees MB (1987). "Acylation of endogenous myelin proteolipid protein with different acyl-CoAs". J. Biol. Chem. 262: 2138–45. PMID 3818589.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 82657-98-5.