- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + isoeugenol S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + isomethyleugenol
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:isoeugenol O-methyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Wang J, Pichersky E (1998). "Characterization of S-adenosyl-L-methionine:(iso)eugenol O-methyltransferase involved in floral scent production in Clarkia breweri". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 349: 153–60. PMID 9439593.
- JP, Pichersky E (2002). "Characterization of phenylpropene O-methyltransferases from sweet basil: facile change of substrate specificity and convergent evolution within a plant O-methyltransferase family". Plant. Cell. 14: 505–19. PMID 11884690.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 191744-33-9.