(heparan sulfate)-glucosamine N-sulfotransferase
- 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate + [heparan sulfate]-glucosamine Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate + [heparan sulfate]-N-sulfoglucosamine
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are 3'-phosphoadenylyl sulfate and [[[heparan sulfate]-glucosamine]], whereas its two products are adenosine 3',5'-bisphosphate and [[[heparan sulfate]-N-sulfoglucosamine]].
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the sulfotransferases, which transfer sulfur-containing groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:[heparan sulfate]-glucosamine N-sulfotransferase. Other names in common use include heparin N-sulfotransferase, 3'-phosphoadenylylsulfate:N-desulfoheparin sulfotransferase, PAPS:N-desulfoheparin sulfotransferase, PAPS:DSH sulfotransferase, N-HSST, N-heparan sulfate sulfotransferase, heparan sulfate N-deacetylase/N-sulfotransferase, heparan sulfate 2-N-sulfotransferase, heparan sulfate N-sulfotransferase, heparan sulfate sulfotransferase, N-desulfoheparin sulfotransferase, desulfoheparin sulfotransferase, 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:N-desulfoheparin N-sulfotransferase, heparitin sulfotransferase, and 3'-phosphoadenylyl-sulfate:heparitin N-sulfotransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Suzuki S, Trenn RH and Strominger JL (1961). "Separation of specific mucopolysaccharide sulfotransferases". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 50: 169–174.
- Eisenman RA, Balasubramanian AS, Marx W (1967). "3'-Phosphoadenylylsulfate:N-desulfoheparin sulfotransferase associated with a postmicrosomal particulate mastocytoma fraction". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 119: 387–97. PMID 4964017.
- Johnson AH, Baker JR (1973). "The enzymatic sulphation of heparan sulphate by hen's uterus". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 320: 341–51. PMID 4270798.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-75-9.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0015016: [heparan sulfate-glucosamine N-sulfotransferase]
- AMIGO entry for GO code 0015016: [heparan sulfate-glucosamine N-sulfotransferase]