- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + dihydroflavodoxin + [formate C-acetyltransferase]-glycine Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 5'-deoxyadenosine + L-methionine + flavodoxin semiquinone + [formate C-acetyltransferase]-glycin-2-yl radical
The 3 substrates of this enzyme are S-adenosyl-L-methionine, dihydroflavodoxin, and formate C-acetyltransferase-glycine, whereas its 4 products are 5'-deoxyadenosine, L-methionine, flavodoxin semiquinone, and formate C-acetyltransferase-glycin-2-yl radical.
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is [formate C-acetyltransferase]-glycine dihydroflavodoxin:S-adenosyl-L-methionine oxidoreductase (S-adenosyl-L-methionine cleaving). Other names in common use include PFL activase, PFL-glycine:S-adenosyl-L-methionine H transferase (flavodoxin-oxidizing, S-adenosyl-L-methionine-cleaving), formate acetyltransferase activating enzyme, formate acetyltransferase-glycine dihydroflavodoxin:S-adenosyl-L-methionine oxidoreductase (S-adenosyl-L-methionine cleaving).
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Frey M, Rothe M, Wagner AF, Knappe J (1994). "Adenosylmethionine-dependent synthesis of the glycyl radical in pyruvate formate-lyase by abstraction of the glycine C-2 pro-S hydrogen atom. Studies of [2H]glycine-substituted enzyme and peptides homologous to the glycine 734 site". J. Biol. Chem. 269: 12432–7. PMID 8175649.
- Wagner AF, Frey M, Neugebauer FA, Schafer W, Knappe J (1992). "The free radical in pyruvate formate-lyase is located on glycine-734". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 89: 996–1000. PMID 1310545.
- Frey PA (2001). "Radical mechanisms of enzymatic catalysis". Annu. Rev. Biochem. 70: 121–48. PMID 11395404.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 206367-15-9.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0043365: [formate-C-acetyltransferase-activating enzyme]
- AMIGO entry for GO code 0043365: [formate-C-acetyltransferase-activating enzyme]