(cytochrome c)-lysine N-methyltransferase
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + [cytochrome c]-L-lysine S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + [cytochrome c]-N6-methyl-L-lysine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:[cytochrome c]-L-lysine N6-methyltransferase. Other names in common use include cytochrome c (lysine) methyltransferase, cytochrome c methyltransferase, cytochrome c-specific protein methylase III, cytochrome c-specific protein-lysine methyltransferase, S-adenosyl-L-methionine:[cytochrome c]-L-lysine, and 6-N-methyltransferase. This enzyme participates in lysine degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Durban E, Nochumson S, Kim S, Paik WK, Chan SK (1978). "Cytochrome c-specific protein-lysine methyltransferase from Neurospora crassa. Purification, characterization, and substrate requirements". J. Biol. Chem. 253: 1427–35. PMID 203592.
- Nochumson S, Durban E, Kim S, Paik WK (1977). "Cytochrome c-specific protein methylase III from Neurospora crassa". Biochem. J. 165: 11–8. PMID 196592.
- Valentine J, Pettigrew GW (1982). "A cytochrome c methyltransferase from Crithidia oncopelti". Biochem. J. 201: 329–38. PMID 6282265.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 82047-78-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0000277: [cytochrome c-lysine N-methyltransferase]
- AMIGO entry for GO code 0000277: [cytochrome c-lysine N-methyltransferase]