(cytochrome c)-arginine N-methyltransferase
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + [cytochrome c]-arginine S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + [cytochrome c]-Nomega-methyl-arginine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:[cytochrome c]-arginine Nomega-methyltransferase. Other names in common use include S-adenosyl-L-methionine:[cytochrome c]-arginine, and omega-N-methyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Farooqui JZ, Tuck M, Paik WK (1985). "Purification and characterization of enzymes from Euglena gracilis that methylate methionine and arginine residues of cytochrome c". J. Biol. Chem. 260: 537–45. PMID 2981218.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9055-07-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0016275: [cytochrome c-arginine N-methyltransferase]
- AMIGO entry for GO code 0016275: [cytochrome c-arginine N-methyltransferase]