- holo-[acyl-carrier-protein] + H2O Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 4'-phosphopantetheine + apo-[acyl-carrier-protein]
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on phosphoric diester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is holo-[acyl-carrier-protein] 4'-pantetheine-phosphohydrolase. Other names in common use include ACP hydrolyase, ACP phosphodiesterase, AcpH, and [acyl-carrier-protein] 4'-pantetheine-phosphohydrolase. This enzyme participates in pantothenate and coa biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Sobhy C (1979). "Regulation of fatty acid synthetase activity. The 4'-phosphopantetheine hydrolase of rat liver". J. Biol. Chem. 254: 8561–6. PMID 224058.
- Vagelos PR, Larrabes AR (1967). "Acyl carrier protein. IX. Acyl carrier protein hydrolase". J. Biol. Chem. 242: 1776–81. PMID 4290442.
- Thomas J, Cronan JE (2005). "The enigmatic acyl carrier protein phosphodiesterase of Escherichia coli: genetic and enzymological characterization". J. Biol. Chem. 280: 34675–83. PMID 16107329.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37288-21-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0008770: [acyl-carrier-protein phosphodiesterase]
- AMIGO entry for GO code 0008770: [acyl-carrier-protein phosphodiesterase]