- malonyl-CoA + [acyl-carrier-protein] CoA + malonyl-[acyl-carrier-protein]
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is malonyl-CoA:[acyl-carrier-protein] S-malonyltransferase. Other names in common use include malonyl coenzyme A-acyl carrier protein transacylase, malonyl transacylase, malonyl transferase, malonyl-CoA-acyl carrier protein transacylase, [acyl carrier protein]malonyltransferase, MAT, FabD, malonyl-CoA:acyl carrier protein transacylase, malonyl-CoA:ACP transacylase, MCAT, and malonyl-CoA:AcpM transacylase. This enzyme participates in fatty acid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Alberts AW, Majerus PW and Vagelos PR (1969). "Acetyl-CoA acyl carrier protein transacylase". Methods Enzymol. 14: 50–53.
- Prescott DJ, Vagelos PR (1972). "Acyl carrier protein". Adv. Enzymol. Relat. Areas. Mol. Biol. 36: 269–311. PMID 4561013.
- Williamson IP, Wakil SJ (1966). "Studies on the mechanism of fatty acid synthesis. XVII. Preparation and general properties of acetyl coenzyme A and malonyl coenzyme A-acyl carrier protein transacylases". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 2326–32. PMID 5330116.
- Joshi VC, Wakil SJ (1971). "Studies on the mechanism of fatty acid synthesis. XXVI. Purification and properties of malonyl-coenzyme A--acyl carrier protein transacylase of Escherichia coli". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 143: 493–505. PMID 4934182.
- Brennan PJ, Minnikin DE, Locht C, Besra GS (2001). "Biochemical characterization of acyl carrier protein (AcpM) and malonyl-CoA:AcpM transacylase (mtFabD), two major components of Mycobacterium tuberculosis fatty acid synthase II". J. Biol. Chem. 276: 27967–74. PMID 11373295.
- O'Connell JD 3rd Khosla C, Stroud RM (2003). "Catalysis, specificity, and ACP docking site of Streptomyces coelicolor malonyl-CoA:ACP transacylase". Structure. 11: 147–54. PMID 12575934.
- Szafranska AE, Hitchman TS, Cox RJ, Crosby J, Simpson TJ (2002). "Kinetic and mechanistic analysis of the malonyl CoA:ACP transacylase from Streptomyces coelicolor indicates a single catalytically competent serine nucleophile at the active site". Biochemistry. 41: 1421–7. PMID 11814333.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37257-17-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0004314: [acyl-carrier-protein S-malonyltransferase]
- AMIGO entry for GO code 0004314: [acyl-carrier-protein S-malonyltransferase]