(acetyl-CoA carboxylase) kinase
- ATP + [acetyl-CoA carboxylase] ADP + [acetyl-CoA carboxylase] phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring a phosphate group to the sidechain oxygen atom of serine or threonine residues in proteins (protein-serine/threonine kinases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:[acetyl-CoA carboxylase] phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include acetyl coenzyme A carboxylase kinase (phosphorylating), acetyl-CoA carboxylase bound kinase, acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase, acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase (cAMP-independent), acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase 2, acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase-2, acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase-3 (AMP-activated), acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase kinase, ACK2, ACK3, AMPK, I-peptide kinase, and STK5.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Jamil H, Madsen NB (1987). "Phosphorylation state of acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase. I. Linear inverse relationship to activity ratios at different citrate concentrations". J. Biol. Chem. 262: 630&ndash, 7. PMID 2879833.
- Lent B, Kim KH (1982). "Purification and properties of a kinase which phosphorylates and inactivates acetyl-CoA carboxylase". J. Biol. Chem. 257: 1897&ndash, 901. PMID 6120170.
- Munday MR, Hardie DG (1984). "Isolation of three cyclic-AMP-independent acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinases from lactating rat mammary gland and characterization of their effects on enzyme activity". Eur. J. Biochem. 141: 617&ndash, 27. PMID 6146523.
- Mohamed AH, Huang WY, Huang W, Venkatachalam KV, Wakil SJ (1994). "Isolation and characterization of a novel acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase from rat liver". J. Biol. Chem. 269: 6859&ndash, 65. PMID 7907095.
- Heesom KJ, Moule SK, Denton RM (1998). "Purification and characterisation of an insulin-stimulated protein-serine kinase which phosphorylates acetyl-CoA carboxylase". FEBS. Lett. 422: 43&ndash, 6. PMID 9475166.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 77000-06-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|