- (S,S)-butane-2,3-diol + NAD+ Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons acetoin + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S,S)-butane-2,3-diol:NAD+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include L-butanediol dehydrogenase, L-BDH, and L(+)-2,3-butanediol dehydrogenase (L-acetoin forming). This enzyme participates in butanoic acid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Taylor MB and Juni E (1960). "Stereoisomeric specificities of 2,3-butanediol dehydrogenase". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 39: 448–457.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-14-9.