- in the reverse direction, (S)-usnate is reduced by NADH with cleavage of the ether bond to form a 7-hydroxy group
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is reduced-(S)-usnate:NAD+ oxidoreductase (ether-bond-forming). This enzyme is also called L-usnic acid dehydrogenase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Barbini N, Gorini G, Ferrucci L, Biggeri A (2005). "[Analysis of arterial hypertension and work in the epidemiologic study "Aging, Health and Work"]". Epidemiol. Prev. 29: 160–5. PMID 16454408.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 77237-99-1.