- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + (S)-7,8,13,14-tetrahydroprotoberberine Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + cis-N-methyl-(S)-7,8,13,14-tetrahydroprotoberberine
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are S-adenosyl methionine and (S)-7,8,13,14-tetrahydroprotoberberine, whereas its two products are S-adenosylhomocysteine and cis-N-methyl-(S)-7,8,13,14-tetrahydroprotoberberine.
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:(S)-7,8,13,14-tetrahydroprotoberberine cis-N-methyltransferase. This enzyme is also called tetrahydroprotoberberine cis-N-methyltransferase. This enzyme participates in alkaloid biosynthesis i.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Rueffer M, Zumstein G, Zenk MH (1990). "Partial purification and characterization of S-adenosyl-L-methionine:(S)-tetrahydroprotoberberine cis-N-methyltransferase from suspension-cultured cells of Eschscholtzia and Corydalis". Phytochemistry. 29: 3727–3733.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 106878-42-6.