- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + (S)-scoulerine S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + (S)-tetrahydrocolumbamine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:(S)-scoulerine 9-O-methyltransferase. This enzyme participates in alkaloid biosynthesis i.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Muemmler S, Rueffer M, Nagakura N, Zenk MH (1985). "S-Adenosyl-L-methionine:(S)-scoulerine 9-O-methyltransferase, a highly stereo- and regiospecific enzyme in tetrahydroberberine biosynthesis". Plant Cell Reports. 4: 36–39.