- (S)-methylmalonyl-CoA + H2O methylmalonate + CoA
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on thioester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-methylmalonyl-CoA hydrolase. This enzyme is also called D-methylmalonyl-coenzyme A hydrolase. This enzyme participates in propanoate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Kovachy RJ, Copley SD, Allen RH (1983). "Recognition, isolation, and characterization of rat liver D-methylmalonyl coenzyme A hydrolase". J. Biol. Chem. 258: 11415–21. PMID 6885824.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 87928-03-8.