- (S)-2-hydroxy-2-phenylacetate + acceptor 2-oxo-2-phenylacetate + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-2-hydroxy-2-phenylacetate:acceptor 2-oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called MDH.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Lehoux IE, Mitra B (1999). "(S)-Mandelate dehydrogenase from Pseudomonas putida: mechanistic studies with alternate substrates and pH and kinetic isotope effects". Biochemistry. 38: 5836–48. PMID 10231535.
- Dewanti AR, Xu Y, Mitra B (2004). "Role of glycine 81 in (S)-mandelate dehydrogenase from Pseudomonas putida in substrate specificity and oxidase activity". Biochemistry. 43: 10692–700. PMID 15311930.
- Dewanti AR, Xu Y, Mitra B (2004). "Esters of mandelic acid as substrates for (S)-mandelate dehydrogenase from Pseudomonas putida: implications for the reaction mechanism". Biochemistry. 43: 1883–90. PMID 14967029.