- (S)-carnitine + NAD+ 3-dehydrocarnitine + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-carnitine:NAD+ oxidoreductase.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Setyahadi S, Ueyama T, Arimoto T, Mori N, Kitamoto Y (1997). "Purification and properties of a new enzyme, D-carnitine dehydrogenase, from Agrobacterium sp. 525a". Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 61: 1055–8. PMID 9214773.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 169277-49-0.