- (S)-tetrahydrocolumbamine + NADPH + H+ + O2 Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons (S)-canadine + NADP+ + 2 H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on paired donors, with O2 as oxidant and incorporation or reduction of oxygen. The oxygen incorporated need not be derived from O2 with NADH or NADPH as one donor, and the other dehydrogenated. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-tetrahydrocolumbamine,NADPH:oxygen oxidoreductase (methylenedioxy-bridge-forming). Other names in common use include (S)-tetrahydroberberine synthase, and (S)-tetrahydrocolumbamine oxidase (methylenedioxy-bridge-forming). This enzyme participates in alkaloid biosynthesis i. It employs one cofactor, heme-thiolate(P-450).
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Rueffer M and Zenk MH (1994). "Canadine synthase from Thalictrum tuberosum cell cultures catalyses the formation of the methylenedioxy bridge in berberine synthesis". Phytochemistry. 36: 1219–1223.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 114308-22-4.