- N-acetylphenylethylamine + H2O phenylethylamine + acetate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, those acting on carbon-nitrogen bonds other than peptide bonds, specifically in linear amides. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-N-acetylphenylethylamine:H2O hydrolase. At least one compound, Phenylmethanesulfonyl fluoride is known to inhibit this enzyme.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Brunella A, Graf M, Kittelmann M, Lauma K and Ghisalba O (1997). "Production, purification, and characterization of a highly enantioselective (S)-N-acetyl-1-phenylethyl amidohydrolase from Rhodococcus". Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 47: 515–520.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 192230-94-7.