- (S)-6-hydroxynicotine + H2O + O2 1-(6-hydroxypyridin-3-yl)-4-(methylamino)butan-1-one + H2O2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-NH group of donors with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-6-hydroxynicotine:oxygen oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include L-6-hydroxynicotine oxidase, 6-hydroxy-L-nicotine oxidase, and 6-hydroxy-L-nicotine:oxygen oxidoreductase. It employs one cofactor, FAD.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Dai VD, Decker K, Sund H (1968). "Purification and properties of L-6-hydroxynicotine oxidase". Eur. J. Biochem. 4: 95–102. PMID 5646150.
- Decker K, Bleeg H (1965). "Induction and purification of stereospecific nicotine oxidizing enzymes from Arthrobacter oxidans". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 105: 313–24. PMID 5849820.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37256-29-4.