- ethyl (S)-3-hydroxyhexanoate + NADP+ Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons ethyl 3-oxohexanoate + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ethyl-(S)-3-hydroxyhexanoate:NADP+ 3-oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called 3-oxo ester (S)-reductase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.1990
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.520 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.2060
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.110
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.1680
- Heidlas J, Engel KH, Tressl R (1988). "Purification and characterization of two oxidoreductases involved in the enantioselective reduction of 3-oxo, 4-oxo and 5-oxo esters in baker's yeast". Eur. J. Biochem. 172: 633–9. PMID 3280313.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 114705-03-2.