- (S)-3-amino-2-methylpropanoate + 2-oxoglutarate Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 2-methyl-3-oxopropanoate + L-glutamate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the transaminases, which transfer nitrogenous groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-3-amino-2-methylpropanoate:2-oxoglutarate aminotransferase. Other names in common use include L-3-aminoisobutyrate transaminase, beta-aminobutyric transaminase, L-3-aminoisobutyric aminotransferase, and beta-aminoisobutyrate-alpha-ketoglutarate transaminase. This enzyme participates in valine, leucine and isoleucine degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Kakimoto Y, Kanazawa A, Taniguchi K, Sano I (1968). "Beta-aminoisobutyrate-alpha-ketoglutarate transaminase in relation to beta-aminoisobutyric aciduria". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 156: 374–80. PMID 5641913.
- Tamaki N, Sakata SF, Matsuda K (2000). "Purification, properties, and sequencing of aminoisobutyrate aminotransferases from rat liver". Methods. Enzymol. 324: 376–89. PMID 10989446.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9031-95-2.