- (S)-3-amino-2-methylpropanoate + 2-oxoglutarate 2-methyl-3-oxopropanoate + L-glutamate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the transaminases, which transfer nitrogenous groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-3-amino-2-methylpropanoate:2-oxoglutarate aminotransferase. Other names in common use include L-3-aminoisobutyrate transaminase, beta-aminobutyric transaminase, L-3-aminoisobutyric aminotransferase, and beta-aminoisobutyrate-alpha-ketoglutarate transaminase. This enzyme participates in valine, leucine and isoleucine degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Kakimoto Y, Kanazawa A, Taniguchi K, Sano I (1968). "Beta-aminoisobutyrate-alpha-ketoglutarate transaminase in relation to beta-aminoisobutyric aciduria". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 156: 374–80. PMID 5641913.
- Tamaki N, Sakata SF, Matsuda K (2000). "Purification, properties, and sequencing of aminoisobutyrate aminotransferases from rat liver". Methods. Enzymol. 324: 376–89. PMID 10989446.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9031-95-2.