- (S)-2-methylmalate Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 2-methylfumarate + H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the hydro-lyases, which cleave carbon-oxygen bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-2-methylmalate hydro-lyase (2-methylfumarate-forming). Other names in common use include mesaconate hydratase, (+)-citramalate hydro-lyase, L-citramalate hydrolase, citramalate dehydratase, (+)-citramalic hydro-lyase, mesaconate mesaconase, mesaconase, and (S)-2-methylmalate hydro-lyase. This enzyme participates in c5-branched dibasic acid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Blair AH, Barker HA (1966). "Assay and purification of (+)-citramalate hydro-lyase components from Clostridium tetanomorphum". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 400–8. PMID 5903732.
- Wang CC, Barker HA (1969). "Purification and properties of L-citramalate hydrolyase". J. Biol. Chem. 244: 2516–26. PMID 5769987.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9027-94-5.