- (S)-2-hydroxy acid + O2 Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 2-oxo acid + H2O2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-2-hydroxy-acid:oxygen 2-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include glycolate oxidase, hydroxy-acid oxidase A, hydroxy-acid oxidase B, glycolate oxidase, oxidase, L-2-hydroxy acid, hydroxyacid oxidase A, L-alpha-hydroxy acid oxidase, and L-2-hydroxy acid oxidase. This enzyme participates in glyoxylate and dicarboxylate metabolism. It employs one cofactor, FMN.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Blanchard M, Green DE, Nocito-Carroll V and Ratner S (1946). "l-Hydroxy acid oxidase". J. Biol. Chem. 163: 137–144.
- FRIGERIO NA, HARBURY HA (1958). "Preparation and some properties of crystalline glycolic acid oxidase of spinach". J. Biol. Chem. 231: 135–57. PMID 13538955.
- KUN E, DECHARY JM, PITOT HC (1954). "The oxidation of glycolic acid by a liver enzyme". J. Biol. Chem. 210: 269–80. PMID 13201588.
- Nakano M, Danowski TS (1966). "Crystalline mammalian L-amino acid oxidase from rat kidney mitochondria". J. Biol. Chem. 241: 2075–83. PMID 5946631.
- Nakano M, Ushijima Y, Saga M, Tsutsumi Y, Asami H (1968). "Aliphatic L-alpha-hydroxyacid oxidase from rat livers: purification and properties". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 167: 9–22. PMID 5686300.
- Phillips DR, Duley JA, Fennell DJ, Holmes RS (1976). "The self-association of L-alpha hydroxyacid oxidase". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 427: 679–87. PMID 1268224.
- Schuman M, Massey V (1971). "Purification and characterization of glycolic acid oxidase from pig liver". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 227: 500–20. PMID 5569122.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9037-63-2.