- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + (RS)-norcoclaurine Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + (RS)-coclaurine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:(RS)-norcoclaurine 6-O-methyltransferase. This enzyme participates in alkaloid biosynthesis i.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Rueffer M, Nagakura N, Zenk MH (1983). "Partial purification and properties of S-adenosyl-L-methionine:(R),(S)-norlaudanosoline-6-O-methyltransfera se from Argemone platyceras cell cultures". Planta Med. 49: 131–137.
- Sato F, Tsujita T, Katagiri Y, Yoshida S, Yamada Y (1994). "Purification and characterization of S-adenosyl-L-methionine: norcoclaurine 6-O-methyltransferase from cultured Coptis japonica cells". Eur. J. Biochem. 225: 125–31. PMID 7925429.
- Stadler R, Zenk MH (1990). "A revision of the generally accepted pathway for the biosynthesis of the benzyltetrahydroisoquinoline reticuline". Liebigs Ann. Chem.: 555–562.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 167398-06-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes