- (R,R)-butane-2,3-diol + NAD+ Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons (R)-acetoin + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R,R)-butane-2,3-diol:NAD+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include butyleneglycol dehydrogenase, D-butanediol dehydrogenase, D-(-)-butanediol dehydrogenase, butylene glycol dehydrogenase, diacetyl (acetoin) reductase, D-aminopropanol dehydrogenase, D-aminopropanol dehydrogenase, 1-amino-2-propanol dehydrogenase, 2,3-butanediol dehydrogenase, D-1-amino-2-propanol dehydrogenase, (R)-diacetyl reductase, (R)-2,3-butanediol dehydrogenase, D-1-amino-2-propanol:NAD+ oxidoreductase, 1-amino-2-propanol oxidoreductase, and aminopropanol oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in butanoic acid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Strecker HJ and Harary I (1954). "Bacterial butylene glycol dehydrogenase and diacetyl reductase". J. Biol. Chem. 211: 263–270.
- Taylor MB and Juni E (1960). "Stereoisomeric specificities of 2,3-butanediol dehydrogenase". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 39: 448–457.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-09-2.