(R)-pantolactone dehydrogenase (flavin)
- (R)-pantolactone + acceptor Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 2-dehydropantolactone + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-pantolactone:acceptor oxidoreductase (flavin-containing). Other names in common use include 2-dehydropantolactone reductase (flavin), 2-dehydropantoyl-lactone reductase (flavin), and (R)-pantoyllactone dehydrogenase (flavin).
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Kataoka M, Shimizu S, Yamada H (1992). "Purification and characterization of a novel FMN-dependent enzyme Membrane-bound L-(+)-pantoyl lactone dehydrogenase from Nocardia asteroides". Eur. J. Biochem. 204: 799–806. PMID 1541293.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 140879-14-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes