- geranyl diphosphate Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons (+)-(4R)-limonene + diphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically those carbon-oxygen lyases acting on phosphates. The systematic name of this enzyme class is geranyl-diphosphate diphosphate-lyase [cyclizing, (+)-(4R)-limonene-forming]. Other names in common use include (+)-limonene synthase, and geranyldiphosphate diphosphate lyase [(+)-(R)-limonene-forming]. This enzyme participates in monoterpenoid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Bouwmeester HJ, Gershenzon J, Konings MC, Croteau R (1998). "Biosynthesis of the monoterpenes limonene and carvone in the fruit of caraway. I. Demonstration Of enzyme activities and their changes with development". Plant. Physiol. 117: 901–12. PMID 9662532.
- Bouwmeester HJ, Verhoeven HA (2002). "Monoterpene biosynthesis in lemon (Citrus limon). cDNA isolation and functional analysis of four monoterpene synthases". Eur. J. Biochem. 269: 3160–71. PMID 12084056.
- Maruyama T, Ito M, Kiuchi F, Honda G (2001). "Molecular cloning, functional expression and characterization of d-limonene synthase from Schizonepeta tenuifolia". Biol. Pharm. Bull. 24: 373–7. PMID 11305598.