- (+)-(R)-limonene + NADPH + H+ + O2 Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons (+)-trans-carveol + NADP+ + H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on paired donors, with O2 as oxidant and incorporation or reduction of oxygen. The oxygen incorporated need not be derived from O2 with NADH or NADPH as one donor, and incorporation of one atom o oxygen into the other donor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-limonene,NADPH:oxygen oxidoreductase (6-hydroxylating). Other names in common use include (+)-limonene-6-hydroxylase, and (+)-limonene 6-monooxygenase. This enzyme participates in monoterpenoid biosynthesis and limonene and pinene degradation.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Bouwmeester HJ, Gershenzon J, Konings MC, Croteau R (1998). "Biosynthesis of the monoterpenes limonene and carvone in the fruit of caraway. I. Demonstration Of enzyme activities and their changes with development". Plant. Physiol. 117: 901–12. PMID 9662532.
- Croteau R (1999). "Cytochrome P-450 dependent (+)-limonene-6-hydroxylation in fruits of caraway (Carum Carvi)". Phytochemistry. 50: 243–248.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 221461-49-0.