- (R)-6-hydroxynicotine + H2O + O2 Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 1-(6-hydroxypyridin-3-yl)-4-(methylamino)butan-1-one + H2O2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-NH group of donors with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-6-hydroxynicotine:oxygen oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include D-6-hydroxynicotine oxidase, and 6-hydroxy-D-nicotine oxidase. It employs one cofactor, FAD.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Bruhmuller M, Mohler H, Decker K (1972). "Covalently bound flavin in D-6-hydroxynicotine oxidase from Arthrobacter oxidans. Purification and properties of D-6-hydroxynicotine oxidase". Eur. J. Biochem. 29: 143–51. PMID 4628374.
- Decker K, Bleeg H (1965). "Induction and purification of stereospecific nicotine oxidizing enzymes from Arthrobacter oxidans". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 105: 313–24. PMID 5849820.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37233-46-8.