- (R)-3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)lactate + NAD(P)+ 3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)pyruvate + NAD(P)H + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)lactate:NAD(P)+ 2-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include (R)-aromatic lactate dehydrogenase, and D-hydrogenase, D-aryllactate. This enzyme participates in tyrosine and phenylalanine catabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Bode R, Lippoldt A and Birnbaum D (1986). "Purification and properties of D-aromatic lactate dehydrogenase an enzyme involved in the catabolism of the aromatic amino acids of Candida maltosa". Biochem. Physiol. Pflanzen. 181: 189–198.
- Leelayoova S, Marbury D, Rainey PM, Mackenzie NE, Hall JE (1992). "In vitro tryptophan catabolism by Leishmania donovani donovani promastigotes". J. Protozool. 39 (2): 350–8. PMID 1578411.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 101754-02-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes