- (R)-3-amino-2-methylpropanoate + pyruvate Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 2-methyl-3-oxopropanoate + L-alanine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the transaminases, which transfer nitrogenous groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-3-amino-2-methylpropanoate:pyruvate aminotransferase. Other names in common use include D-3-aminoisobutyrate-pyruvate transaminase, beta-aminoisobutyrate-pyruvate aminotransferase, D-3-aminoisobutyrate-pyruvate aminotransferase, D-3-aminoisobutyrate-pyruvate transaminase, (R)-3-amino-2-methylpropionate transaminase, and D-beta-aminoisobutyrate:pyruvate aminotransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Kakimoto Y, Taniguchi K, Sano I (1969). "D-beta-aminoisobutyrate:pyruvate aminotransferase in mammalian liver and excretion of beta-aminoisobutyrate by man". J. Biol. Chem. 244: 335–40. PMID 5773299.
- Tamaki N, Sakata SF, Matsuda K (2000). "Purification, properties, and sequencing of aminoisobutyrate aminotransferases from rat liver". Methods. Enzymol. 324: 376–89. PMID 10989446.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37279-00-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes