- (R)-2-methylmalate 2-methylmaleate + H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the hydro-lyases, which cleave carbon-oxygen bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-2-methylmalate hydro-lyase (2-methylmaleate-forming). Other names in common use include citraconate hydratase, citraconase, citramalate hydro-lyase, (-)-citramalate hydro-lyase, and (R)-2-methylmalate hydro-lyase. This enzyme participates in valine, leucine and isoleucine biosynthesis and c5-branched dibasic acid metabolism. It employs one cofactor, iron.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Subramanian SS, Rao MR (1968). "Purification and properties of citraconase". J. Biol. Chem. 243: 2367–72. PMID 4296839.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9027-92-3.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes