- (R)-2-haloacid + H2O Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons (S)-2-hydroxyacid + halide
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on halide bonds in carbon-halide compounds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-2-haloacid halidohydrolase. Other names in common use include 2-haloalkanoic acid dehalogenase[ambiguous], 2-haloalkanoid acid halidohydrolase[ambiguous], D-2-haloacid dehalogenase, and D-DEX.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Smith JM, Harrison K, Colby J (1990). "Purification and characterization of D-2-haloacid dehalogenase from Pseudomonas putida strain AJ1/23". J. Gen. Microbiol. 136: 881–6. PMID 2380688.
- Leigh JA, Skinner AJ and Cooper RA (1988). "Partial purification, stereospecificity and stoichiometry of three dehalogenases from a Rhizobium species". FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 49: 353–356.
- M, Tsunasawa S and Esaki N (1996). "Bacterial 2-haloacid dehalogenases: Structures and catalytic properties". Pure Appl. Chem. 68: 2097–2103.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 119345-29-8.