- geranyl diphosphate (-)-(4S)-limonene + diphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically those carbon-oxygen lyases acting on phosphates. The systematic name of this enzyme class is geranyl-diphosphate diphosphate-lyase [cyclizing, (-)-(4S)-limonene-forming]. Other names in common use include (-)-(4S)-limonene synthase, 4S-(-)-limonene synthase, geranyldiphosphate diphosphate lyase (limonene forming), geranyldiphosphate diphosphate lyase [cyclizing,, and (4S)-limonene-forming]. This enzyme participates in monoterpenoid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Bohlmann J, Steele CL, Croteau R (1997). "Monoterpene synthases from grand fir (Abies grandis). cDNA isolation, characterization, and functional expression of myrcene synthase, (-)-(4S)-limonene synthase, and (-)-(1S,5S)-pinene synthase". J. Biol. Chem. 272: 21784–92. PMID 9268308.
- Colby SM, Alonso WR, Katahira EJ, McGarvey DJ, Croteau R (1993). "4S-limonene synthase from the oil glands of spearmint (Mentha spicata). cDNA isolation, characterization, and bacterial expression of the catalytically active monoterpene cyclase". J. Biol. Chem. 268: 23016–24. PMID 8226816.
- Yuba A, Yazaki K, Tabata M, Honda G, Croteau R (1996). "cDNA cloning, characterization, and functional expression of 4S-(-)-limonene synthase from Perilla frutescens". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 332: 280–7. PMID 8806736.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes