(3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring))
- ATP + [3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring)] Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons ADP + [3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring)] phosphate
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are ATP and [[[3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring)]]], whereas its 3 products are ADP, [[[3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring)]]], and phosphate.
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring a phosphate group to the sidechain oxygen atom of serine or threonine residues in proteins (protein-serine/threonine kinases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:[3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring)] phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include kinase, BCK, BCKD kinase, BCODH kinase, branched-chain alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase kinase, branched-chain 2-oxo acid dehydrogenase kinase, branched-chain keto acid dehydrogenase kinase, branched-chain oxo acid dehydrogenase kinase (phosphorylating), and STK2.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Paxton R, Harris RA (1982). "Isolation of rabbit liver branched chain alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase and regulation by phosphorylation". J. Biol. Chem. 257: 14433–9. PMID 7142221.
- Wynn RM, Chuang JL, Cote CD, Chuang DT (2000). "Tetrameric assembly and conservation in the ATP-binding domain of rat branched-chain alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase kinase". J. Biol. Chem. 275: 30512–9. PMID 10903321.
- Chuang JL, Wynn RM, Chuang DT (2002). "The C-terminal hinge region of lipoic acid-bearing domain of E2b is essential for domain interaction with branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase kinase". J. Biol. Chem. 277: 36905–8. PMID 12189132.
- Popov KM, Hawes JW, Harris RA (1997). "Mitochondrial alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase kinases: a new family of protein kinases". Adv. Second. Messenger. Phosphoprotein. Res. 31: 105–11. PMID 9344245.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 82391-38-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes