- (+)-neomenthol + NADP+ Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons (-)-menthone + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (+)-neomenthol:NADP+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called monoterpenoid dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in monoterpenoid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Kjonaas R, Martinkus-Taylor C and Croteau R (1982). "Metabolism of monoterpenes: conversion of l-menthone to l-menthol and d-neomenthol by stereospecific dehydrogenases from peppermint (Mentha piperita) leaves". Plant Physiol. 69: 1013–1017.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 81811-47-4.