(+)-abscisic acid 8'-hydroxylase
- (+)-abscisate + NADPH + H+ + O2 Failed to parse (MathML with SVG or PNG fallback (recommended for modern browsers and accessibility tools): Invalid response ("Math extension cannot connect to Restbase.") from server "https://api.formulasearchengine.com/v1/":): \rightleftharpoons 8'-hydroxyabscisate + NADP+ + H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on paired donors, with O2 as oxidant and incorporation or reduction of oxygen. The oxygen incorporated need not be derived from O2 with NADH or NADPH as one donor, and incorporation of one atom o oxygen into the other donor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is abscisate,NADPH:oxygen oxidoreductase (8'-hydroxylating). Other names in common use include (+)-ABA 8'-hydroxylase, and ABA 8'-hydroxylase. This enzyme participates in carotenoid biosynthesis - general.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Cutler AJ, Squires TM, Loewen MK and Balsevich JJ (1997). "Induction of (+)-abscisic acid 8' hydroxylase by (+)-abscisic acid in cultured maize cells". J. Exp. Bot. 48: 1787–1795.
- Krochko JE, Abrams GD, Loewen MK, Abrams SR, Cutler AJ (1998). "(+)-Abscisic acid 8'-hydroxylase is a cytochrome P450 monooxygenase". Plant. Physiol. 118: 849–60. PMID 9808729.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes